Birth and Postnatal Support
Supporting Expecting, Birthing and New Parents
What I Offer
As a certified Birth and Postnatal Doula, my services come as emotional and physical support, birthing/ mothering wisdom, knowledge of natural therapies, evidence-based resources and a desire to hold space for you in creating your birth story. I am also able to help birthing parents and birth partners with birth planning and navigating the system.
I do not offer advice or make decisions for you but instead offer myself as a consistent, knowledgable, open-hearted resource for your rite of passage into parenthood.
Planning, Coaching, In-Person or Virtual Support
Support in Pregnancy
Holding From Afar: Birth Planning and Coaching
This Package means doing ALL the work with you, walking alongside, guiding and supporting your journey as you approach your birthing day.
- Support in Pregnancy to write a Birth Plan
- Assistance finding evidence-based resources to inform your choices
- Support in navigating the hospital system
- Discussions prior to appointments with care providers to ensure you feel confident in any further information you wish to seek out from them
OR, all of the above and…
- 4 weeks of on-call 24/7 Birth Coaching support via phone or Voxer
- Includes many of the supports offered in my standard doula package but from a distance rather than in-person birth attendance
- Can also include Phone support for your birthing day
Contact me to discuss your specific needs!
The Works: Pregnancy, Birth and Postnatal
• 2 Pregnancy appointments scheduled after our first meeting
• Birth Planning
• Assistance in seeking out evidence-based resources and documentation
• 4 Weeks of 24/7 on-call support
• Back-up Doula arrangements if necessary
• Birth attendance and support
• Natural approaches to birth including rebozo, positioning, acupressure, massage, hypnobirthing approaches, relaxation, Dancing for Birth, aromatherapy and more
• Respect for your wishes at all times
• Support for Birth Partners/ Companions
• 2 Postnatal appointments to support you and your new baby (see Postnatal Package for more info)
The Next Evolution: Postnatal Support
• 5 Postnatal Appointments scheduled after our first meeting
• Debriefing your birth experience
• Referal to relevant support services and resources if necessary
• Support with sleep and settling, feeding baby and general care for baby
• Support with baby wearing
• Provision of meals for the early days
• Holding baby or taking them for a walk while you shower, rest or take a break
• Emotional support and bolstering
• Support and tools for partners
• Making you a cup of tea and just having a simple chat about how things are going and what a fabulous job you are doing!
Highly recommend my lovely friend Annie. After birthing five times three without her and two with I cannot imagine doing it without a doula. The best support you’ll ever have. Before during and after you are cared for and looked after in the most caring gentle way that you didn’t know you needed.
No words can do justice to express how incredibly grateful we are to have had Annie with us on what became an interesting and somewhat complicated labour and birthing journey… Annie knew when to step in and offer advice and comfort and knew when to sit back and just be with us. She knew when it became a big emotional moment for us when the idea of a cesarean was first suggested and used all of her physical strength, knowledge and birthing wisdom to do everything she could to support us and our baby… Every moment with her was just so incredibly beautiful and great!
I am so grateful that Annie was by my side during my birth. It was a very long labour, and there were many times I felt overwhelmed. Annie’s calm presence throughout was absolutely a game changer, supporting me and my partner as we navigated this experience. Her advice prior to my labour was invaluable as a first time Mum working out what all these weird sensations were and how to put my birth preferences together. For anyone who might be thinking of hiring a doula, I highly recommend giving yourself the gift of a calm, wise, and grounded woman like Annie to guide you through your birthing experience.
I had the lovely Annie share my fourth pregnancy and birth experience with me. It was by far the best and most positive labour and birth I have had so far… being informed, confident in my choices and supported 100% all the way, has made all the difference in the world.
Annie was spectacular before, during and after the birth of our second child. My only regret is not employing her services for the birth of our first. Annie was beyond helpful, comforting, reassuring, knowledgeable and empowering. Having someone believe in my ability to birth my child was powerful and invaluable and made a world of difference to how I approached and viewed my second labour. Thank you Annie x
Thank you for allowing us to get into such a great mind frame for birth. Your program took all the fear away and opened us up to excitement only. Even though our birth didn’t go to plan, we are so grateful for the really positive feelings we felt in the preparation and lead up to our birth experience and for the skills we learnt from you that I was able to take with me to have a stress free and peaceful caesarean.
Monday, Tuesday & Friday : 9am – 3pm
Saturday : 10am – 1pm