Birth and Postnatal Support
Supporting Expecting, Birthing and New Parents
What I Offer
As a certified Birth and Postnatal Doula, my services come as emotional and physical support, birthing/ mothering wisdom, knowledge of natural therapies, evidence-based resources and a desire to hold space for you in creating your birth story. I am also able to help birthing parents and birth partners with birth planning and navigating the system.
I do not offer advice or make decisions for you but instead offer myself as a consistent, knowledgable, open-hearted resource for your rite of passage into parenthood.
Planning, Coaching, In-Person or Virtual Support
Support in Pregnancy
Who I Work With
As a Mum to young children myself, I have decided to take on only a few special clients each year as a doula.
I am especially interested in working with women and couples who:
- Feel ready to step into their power,
- Have a vision or goal for their birth,
- Want to get educated and informed about birth,
- Wish to seek healing through their birth or,
- See birth as a means of bringing both their child and the next version of themselves into the world.
I am afraid that if you identify with the phrases, ‘I’ll just see how I go’ or ‘Going with the flow’ in the birth space, I am not the right Doula for you at this time. Best of luck!
Holding From Afar: Birth Planning and Coaching
This Package means doing ALL the work with you, walking alongside, guiding and supporting your journey as you approach your birthing day.
- Support in Pregnancy to write a Birth Plan
- Assistance finding evidence-based resources to inform your choices
- Support in navigating the hospital system
- Discussions prior to appointments with care providers to ensure you feel confident in any further information you wish to seek out from them
OR, all of the above and…
- 4 weeks of on-call 24/7 Birth Coaching support via phone or Voxer
- Includes many of the supports offered in my standard doula package but from a distance rather than in-person birth attendance
- Can also include Phone support for your birthing day
Contact me to discuss your specific needs!
The Works: Pregnancy, Birth and Postnatal
• 2 Pregnancy appointments scheduled after our first meeting
• Birth Planning
• Assistance in seeking out evidence-based resources and documentation
• 4 Weeks of 24/7 on-call support
• Back-up Doula arrangements if necessary
• Birth attendance and support
• Natural approaches to birth including rebozo, positioning, acupressure, massage, hypnobirthing approaches, relaxation, Dancing for Birth, aromatherapy and more
• Respect for your wishes at all times
• Support for Birth Partners/ Companions
• 2 Postnatal appointments to support you and your new baby (see Postnatal Package for more info)
The Next Evolution: Postnatal Support
• 5 Postnatal Appointments scheduled after our first meeting
• Debriefing your birth experience
• Referal to relevant support services and resources if necessary
• Support with sleep and settling, feeding baby and general care for baby
• Support with baby wearing
• Provision of meals for the early days
• Holding baby or taking them for a walk while you shower, rest or take a break
• Emotional support and bolstering
• Support and tools for partners
• Making you a cup of tea and just having a simple chat about how things are going and what a fabulous job you are doing!
“I am so grateful that Annie was by my side during my birth. It was a very long labour, and there were many times I felt overwhelmed. Annie’s calm presence throughout was absolutely a game changer, supporting me and my partner as we navigated this experience. Her advice prior to my labour was invaluable as a first time Mum… I highly recommend giving yourself the gift of a calm, wise, and grounded woman like Annie to guide you through your birthing experience.”
“Annie was beyond helpful, comforting, reassuring, knowledgeable and empowering. Having someone believe in my ability to birth my child was powerful and invaluable and made a world of difference to how I approached and viewed my second labour.”
“Thank you for allowing us to get into such a great mind frame for birth. Your program took all the fear away and opened us up to excitement only. Even though our birth didn’t go to plan, we are so grateful for the really positive feelings we felt in the preparation and lead up to our birth experience and for the skills we learnt from you that I was able to take with me to have a stress free and peaceful caesarean.”
“I had the lovely Annie share my fourth pregnancy and birth experience with me. It was by far the best and most positive labour and birth I have had so far… being informed, confident in my choices and supported 100% all the way, has made all the difference in the world.”
“Highly recommend my lovely friend Annie. After birthing five times three without her and two with I cannot imagine doing it without a doula. The best support you’ll ever have. Before during and after you are cared for and looked after in the most caring gentle way that you didn’t know you needed.”
Monday, Tuesday & Friday : 9am – 3pm
Saturday : 10am – 1pm